Auto Responders allow you to send an automatic response to anyone who sends an email your email account. When an email is sent to your account, the response that you have created will be sent back to the person who send you the email. This feature will not prevent your email from being delivered. This feature can be useful for informing customers that you are on vacation, or providing useful information when a customer submits a question or order.
This can be useful for times when you are on vacation or unavailable, or if you have a generic message that you wish to send for a support email address.
- Click on the Add Auto-Responder button.
- Set the following:
- E-mail - Enter the username of the email address you are using to create an auto-responder. Then select the domain for the associated email address from the drop down menu.
- From - Enter the "From" email address in the "From" text box.
- Subject - Enter the subject of the auto-responder in the "Subject" text box.
- Character Set - Select the character set you want to use from the "Character Set" drop down menu.
- HTML Message - If you want the auto-responder to be sent as HTML, click on the "HTML Message" check box.
- Body - Enter the text/html of your auto-responder in the "Body" text box.
NOTE: You also have the option to use any of the following variables in your email "Body" text area box for both Plain Text and HTML email:
%subject% The subject of the message that was sent to the autoresponder.
%from% The sender of the message that was sent to the autoresponder.
%email% The sender's email from the message that was sent to the autoresponder.
- Click on the Create/Modify button.